Pondicherry or Puducherry is a Union Territory in India located in southeastern Tamil Nadu. What was once a French Settlement is one of the most exotic places in present-day India as most of its French heritage is quite well preserved in the French Colony. Cute aside, there are lots to see and experience in Pondicherry. One of the most crucial aspects to any trip is to book a fantastic resort that is located to most local attractions. The best resorts in Pondicherry are actually quite inexpensive give the myriad of features that they provide. The average tourist only thinks of a beach when they think of Pondicherry. But there is a lot more that this small location has to offer. There are lots of other places as well to tour in Pondicherry, but the most important thing to note is where to stay and the top-notch resorts in Pondicherry.
Top Holiday Resorts in Pondicherry
The best resorts in Pondicherry are all near the beach or more precisely, near one of the many beaches in Pondicherry. The majority of these resorts include free Wi-Fi and other amenities and offers, including complimentary breakfast, free parking, and the like. Most of these offers vary from place to place. Some of the most acclaimed resorts in Pondicherry by tourists are:
- Bonjour Bonheur Ocean Spray: This superb resort is in Manjakuppam near the Bay of Bengal. It is just 3 kilometers away from the picturesque White Beach and only a kilometer away from Karumarimman Koil Temple for a taste of absolute divinity. The resort also offers free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and a 24-hours tea lounge.
- Purple Resorts: Located in Auroville, the official center for yoga and meditation in Pondicherry, this resort is located 10 km from Pondicherry Airport, 10 km from Puducherry Railway Station, and 2 km from Auroville Bus Stop. It is 3 km away from Auroville Beach and the major tourist attractions include Karaneswara Nataraj Temple, Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple, and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Grand Serena: Also located in Auroville, the Grand Serena Hotels and Resorts is only 10 km from Villianur Railway Station, 8 km from the New Bus Stand, and 6 km from Pondicherry Airport. The nearest tourist attractions include Auroville Beach, Shri Aurobindo Ashram, and Chunnambar Boat House. The resort offers amenities such as Wi-Fi, restaurants, swimming pool, safe lockers, conference rooms, and banquets.
- RKN Beach Resort: Located in Poornankupam Village, Ariankuppam Commune, the RKN Beach Resort is 11 km from the Pondicherry Main Bus Station, 11 km from Puducherry Railway Station, and 15 km from Pondicherry Airport. The major tourist spots nearby include the Boat House, Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Pondicherry Promenade, Paradise Beach, and The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Nalla Eco-Friendly Beach Resort: Located in Chinna Kalapet, this beach resort endorses and uses eco-friendly technology to support itself. The nearest tourist hotspots include St. Chinna Kalapet, Auroville Beach, and Sabhanayaka Nataraj Temple.
Looking to Visit Pondicherry Sometime Soon?
There is absolutely no doubt that some of the best experiences to be had in Tamil Nadu are in Pondicherry. But the most troublesome activity during a trip is booking a resort. It is probably best to find a resort that is near lots of different activities and is centrally located. Ease of access from the nearby transportation hubs and stops is definitely a big factor. The best resorts in Pondicherry ensure all these and more. Almost every resort worth its salt in Pondicherry is located close to a beach of some sort and Pondicherry is definitely full of beaches. Some of the most popular beaches in Pondicherry include Auroville Beach, Paradise Beach, Promenade Beach, Serenity Beach, Veerampattinam Beach, White Beach, and Pondicherry University Beach. With so many beaches, there is obviously no end to seaside resorts. The best thing is that most resorts in Pondicherry offer way more than just a sea-facing room. Book a room at one the top resorts today to experience Pondicherry like never before. Some resorts even have travel arrangements made for its guests and come with a separate tourism counter in the lounge. Also worth investigating is the local cuisine which includes French, South Indian, and Italian cuisines. Live in luxury and style in one of India’s most exotic locations with spending too much. Book a room for your family and experience the trip of a lifetime in Pondicherry.